Saturday 24 May 2008

Working at blockbusters - (not if your white)!


Excellent article snippet featuring a readers letter to the BNP news team.

Hi,

I recently saw an advertisement at blockbusters for an assistant manager (yes I know, but hey I’m skint and need a job!)

Having previous experience working for companies such as John Lewis I gathered the least I would get is an interview. So I proceeded to send an application in and fill in their racial questionaire. Less than 12 hours later I recieve:

“Thank you for your recent application for management opportunities within Blockbuster Entertainment.

After careful consideration, it is with regret that I must inform you that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in Blockbuster Entertainment Limited and to wish you every success in securing a position in the near future.

Kind Regards

Blockbuster Recruitment Team”

I thought that was odd considering my working background so I re-did my CV changing just the name from my own - Warren Pritchard to Hardeep Singh, a couple of days past and nothing happened but after just checking the email I recieved:

“Thank you for responding to our recent advertisement for Store Management opportunities within Blockbuster Entertainment Ltd.

You have passed the standard criteria required for this position and your details will be passed on to the relevant District Manager. Should our District Manager consider your application suitable, you will be contacted again to arrange an assessment centre or interview.

If you do not receive a reply within 28 days of receiving this email, please consider this particular application to be unsuccessful.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Blockbuster Entertainment.

Kind Regards

Blockbuster Recruitment Team”

Sent from narinder.sandhu@blockbuster.com


I will leave the rest for you to figure out but if you would like to contact me regarding this please do not hesitate.

Kind regards

Warren Pritchard.

You can email arse tunneller Narinder Sandhu by clicking his email link above.

Pip pip

No comments: