Thursday 24 July 2008

A little humour from the agricultural district..


This Anglian Water Representative stops at a farm and talks with an old farmer. He tells the farmer, I need to inspect your farm for your water rates assessment.

The old farmer says, Okay, but don' t go in that field over there.

The Anglian Water Representative says, I have the authority of the Government with me..

See this card?. This card means I am allowed to go WHEREVER I WISH on any land agricultural or otherwise. No questions asked and no questions answered. Have I made myself absolutely clear? Do you understand?? . The old farmer nods politely and goes about his work.

Later, the old farmer hears loud screams and sees the Water Rep running for his life and close behind is the farmers huge Hereford bull. The bull is gaining with every step. The Rep is clearly terrified, so the old farmer immediately throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....

'YOUR CARD, SHOW HIM YOUR CARD !!!!!!!!!!!!..


Pip pip

1 comment:

Jeff ( Va. Rebel ) said...

Ha ha ! That's a good 'un ! I hold their " credentials "
in about as much esteem as that ornery ol bull ! Humour is good to maintain in these times Colonel .

Wanted to give you the new " zip code "
of the Youth of South Africa site . Think they're having a rough go getting it to rolling again . Certain they have enough on their mind and hands to be doing anyhow .

It'll be here in case anybody wants to check .

http://jeugvansa.wordpress.com/