Wednesday 13 June 2007

The courtesy call

After spending about 45 minute on the telephone the other afternoon registering on the old rock and roll, today i recieved a courtesy call from the job center from some female with only the most rudimentary grasp of the English language reminding me of my booking tommorrow PM, most, most infuriating.

Helloo meesa bagshot?
No no it's Buckshot my dear, Buckshot, Colonel Wilberforce Buckshot.

Helloo meesa bookshot (close enough) I am (name unintelligible) is a courtesy call calling from de job center aboot you appointment tommorrow afteenoon.

Yes I know at one o'clock. I'm perfectly well aware my dear.

Yes is one o'clook please bring with you the documents, you have them yes?.

Yes yes I have all the required paperwork to hand, don't worry.

Ok meesa bagshoot we will see you tommorrow. Goodbye.


Isn't it just too fucking pathetic for words. Can they not dream up enough ideas to spunk tax payers money away on without resorting to making telephone calls reminding me of something I am perfectly well aware of.

If only the silly strumpet had called a couple of hours earlier I wouldn't have missed a more pressing engagement with the MO today. I was always under the impression courtesy calls were to stir one from slumber thus preventing such happenings.

Pip pip

No comments: